- When I do the metal chapter, I want to engage the metal scholarship (most of it suck-ass) a little more. I want to cover the major 80s works on metal, get into them. Part of what I need to do is explain why they are inadequate, why my chapter is needed.
- Comics chapter is going to require a bit more on the various other vigilante narratives, other than my Watchmen, Dark Knight, and Captain America. While I don't want to turn this into "all about comic vigilantes," I do want to show this medium as obsessed with the concept, to the point where it was the de facto narrative.
- Draw up the parallels in my structure. Contrast the 80s nostalgia as showing the devalued popc at the beginning of the book with the ending Reaganism after Reagan as showing the devaluation of Reaganism.
- when I mention my grad-school disdain for the domination of the race/class/gender tri-axis of analysis, I need to tie this into Vitek's statement of how academics claim media conspiracy yet the media claims "we can't figure people out." This is a great place to spiff up the writing with a description of Vitek as he first appeared.
- Gotta really clarify why these three chapters, why these three points...as flashpoints in the 80s. Not that they were the top 3 things someone would notice/remember, but they brought up three places where the major elements/ideological strands of Reaganism came into conflict with popular culture.
- Another area to spiff up in terms of writing is describing my reaction to the 80s nostalgia...also to the Rism after R bit.
02 August 2008
my current to-do list
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment